Sunday, February 28, 2010

Telling Things and Speaking Actions

Telling Things and Speaking Actions

If I could tell you anything
Upon getting that chance to stand before you
Empty room just you and I
Face to face, I would say:
It’s okay to be loved.
I know cheating is such an issue these days
I know you’re not like that
You see yourself a loyal girl,
A woman of moral standing.
But what if I told you,
That you don’t have to feel a thing
Just stand here
Bask in the oasis of right now
This moment of silence
In a sea of high strung emotion
As you let yourself feel love
and be loved
by someone else, longing to feel worthy of you.
In the darkness of this night,
I can never think it wrong,
The act,
You letting me brush the hair away from your face,
reassuring you that all of this will soon be over,
Place three kisses on your neck
Sealing the pact of security
You can feel when you are with me,
Brush my fingers down your cheek
A promise that I’m here, for always.
Why does love have to come from just one person?
I ask you
How is accepting affection from another deemed unfair?
Please give that chance for me to show
How much I truly care
For you, that is.
And if I could tell you simply,
this one, single thing
I ‘d whisper slowly in your ear:
“You inspire me to love”


No comments:

Post a Comment