Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Effect

The Effect

Darling,
Let go of his hand,
And come with me
To a place yet undiscovered
Let me love you,
Differently
Let me be another.
I know you do not want this
Even if you know you do
But would it help for me to tell you
How much I want it sometimes too?
Not in the slightest.

You love him
From the bottom of your heart
And maybe no one can compare
Even if I can speak of doing better
It wont matter
Not unless you want it to.

What do you do when you’re attracted to a friend?
One you know can lift you up
Take you higher than you’ve been before
Turn the world on its side to give you a new perspective
Make you know your own self worth
And make you wish you had the chance to love them
Really love them
What do you do?
Sit back and endure the pain a little
Every time you see them smile
Knowing that you were not the cause
You are merely part of the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment