Wednesday, February 17, 2010

An Oldie

I wrote this piece in the fall of my junior year of high school, making it at least two years old now. I was really proud of it at the time. Now I'll tell you that its nowhere near my best. However, it seems fitting to what's been going on with me lately. It's untitled.


I don't want to be your friend anymore.
I know it sounds childish
But it hurts too much.
Our times were good
I wont deny
But we grew
We grew older
We grew wiser
We grew apart
And I guess that's okay
I've realized that now
And hard as it may be
I'm willing to let you go
It's all up to you now
You could give this another try with me
we'll attempt to get back what we had
Or you could walk away
It may take a while
But I'll be okay
And if in the end, you choose to walk
Please, I ask
Don't look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment