Friday, February 5, 2010

Two Recent Poems

October 2, 2009

Alone Now
With only my pain to remind me
of my undying love for you
of how I'd take a knife to my back
a bullet to my chest
a needle in my arm
all to keep on loving you.
And I pray
as they poke and prod me
I pray
but entirely for you
for every drop of blood they extract from me is yours
For whom I'd get down on my knees
tear out my heart and soul completely
averting my eyes
from the light which blinds me
from the infinite glow of happiness
that is you.



January 4, 2010

This morning I woke up alone,
With the memory of her
still dancing around within the folds of my brain
Touch me
Feel me
Run your fingers down my body
Grab my chest with both hands
Know me
Love me
May I call you?
Could I have your phone number?
Allow me to hear your voice once more
Want me
Need me
Bring on what you had promised to deliver
As I lay here waiting
Still longing for you
years after your departure
Hold me
Soothe me
make all the demons go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment