Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sorry: A Companion Piece

A companion piece to "For a Wonderful Woman, My Most Inner Thoughts":



Sorry (aka My Sun Will Set)

I can't bear to read your response even a single bit.

My inbox reads one new message and the system's technology affords me the luxury of previewing the first line.

"Sorry"

No opening, no warming address, nothing really.

Sorry about what, Sweety?
"Sorry but I can no longer remain a friend to you,"
"Sorry that you are nothing but a foolish little girl who doesn't know what's good for her"
or anyone else for that matter.

My urgent curiosity does its duty in creating tall tales lined with seams of spite and loathing. My experience surpasses this,
though,
reminding me of what surely lies beyond the word.

Sorry,
I have been out of touch, lately.

Oh, What a phrase! What a line!
It is one I can recite back to you without flaw.

Read my lips, or my words, I don't care!
I don't care! I don't care!

I am so sick of your sorrow, and mine.
I am an everchanging creature, so don't take a single word of what I say as truth,
especially when it comes to expressions of love.

I realize
that I like to revisit old flames
and play with fire carelessly

But once again in my search for you
I found myself
and my self needs me more than it does you
And my sun will set only to rise up again once more
Goodbye
and for all the confusion,
I am sorry.

3 comments:

  1. This is an amazing piece, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girly, girl, you are so darling. Thank you for such heartfelt comments. Your words mean so much to me. I adore you, thank you for having tea with me.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your poetry is great! i work for a lit. magazine and have two poetry books published..I added you <3

    ReplyDelete