Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hallucinogen

Another one for the blonde...

Hallucinogen

I'm still hallucinating
so intensely
so that the sight of you is present everywhere
your image projected
in things
in people
I would have never expected
completely at random
My heart comes to a halt
at the mere thought
of our gaze locking
for those few solid moments
And if she were you
A part of me would have died
right then and there
soul lifting and sinking
brain doing backflips
colors
bursting right before my eyes
My very being plummeting to the floor
with a sudden Splat!
All compensation
for my shell of a body
frozen in place
immobile
knees begging to kiss the floor
but I can't possibly move
can barely breathe
mortified
As I spiral in and out of my subconscious
seasick
my mind retrieves memories of us on demand
mistakes I've made,
most probably,
with you
A process that takes no more than seconds
to behold me
calls for a string of lifetimes
to erase
And I am left here
abandoned
staring straight ahead
senses tingling with the absence of feeling
incompetent
assessing the damage after the storm
taken aback by this trip
A fall I hope to never again take
at the sight of you

No comments:

Post a Comment